Sunday, April 29, 2012

Birdsong Two

This weekend I traveled to Kansas to attend Birdsong Two at Karla's Cottage. Looking at the outside of this adorable home, don't you want to step inside?
I was here last year for the first ever Birdsong, but still - when I stepped inside I just am amazed by everything I see.  Inspiration everywhere! I was so thrilled to be able to attend again this year.

Here are the girls hard at work - and this is only half the room.  There were a bunch of girls on the other side too.  There were 25 students and 3 teachers.  All that creativity in one beautiful space.

 Of course, I've teased you with the swaps I've been working on.  A few days back I posted a sneak peek at the "SING" banner swap in which I was given the letter "i".  My sweet friend Laurie from Colorado hosted this swap.  There were four groups and each group ended up with different banners.  I'll show the group photos in another post but for now,  here are my completed panels. When I put my SING banner together, I'll take a picture to show it with the additional letters I received.
 Next up was a Nature Journal Swap.  I didn't have a chance to participate last year and I was so disappointed when I saw all the beautiful journals that everyone swapped.  There was no way I was missing out on the journal swap this year.  The theme was nature, and of course I had to include birds for Birdsong, right?
Last year I also missed out on the matchbox swap and watching those beautiful creations get swapped last year I decided no matter how busy I was, I was participating.  I had ideas of what I wanted to do but I just couldn't bring them to be.  So, at the absolute *last* minute I thought about making this sweet little bird. I just love it. In fact, I wasn't sure I wanted to give it away.  ;)
The last swap I signed up for was the charm swap.  Again, I went around and around trying to decide what I wanted to do.  Originally I wanted to make a wire nest but I thought everyone would think of that.  As I was going through my jewelry I came across a beautiful charm necklace that I made in a class at Creative Connection a few years back taught by the fabulous ladies of A Gilded Life -Shea and Debbie.  I scaled the charm down a bit and made a less decorated version but I thought it looked "just right". Hope everyone liked it!

There's more to share so be sure to check back - you won't want to miss - I promise!

5 comments:

  1. Your matchbox is too adorable! what is the fuzzy stuff around the ducks neck and is that real moss?

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all loved your blue bird box! How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great swaps. I am planning on making it to Birdsong 3!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. you work is so beautiful and i thank you so much for dropping by and telling me your stories! isn't it wonderful! also -- so nice to see you are an ANIMAL LOVE!!!!! applause and APPAWS for you! sending you hugs...your newest follower : )

    ReplyDelete