Sunday, February 17, 2013

Not such a peaceful place...

After the moving company packed up most of our stuff, this is what the living room looked like with the floors still in place
The plumber came and took out the sink,   the electrician removed the stove, the microwave, and the oven, and the granite guy came and took off our counter tops.  I didn't realize what a habit it was to come home, put my handbag on the island, and how often I actually go to the kitchen sink to wash my hands, fill up the dog's water dish, etc.   What a pain. 

 This was yesterday, in the kitchen with all my lower cabinetry gone, the fridge gone and the flooring, gone.
This is our view as we exit the hallway from the master bedroom (for now).  See that huge machine?  That is the dehumidifier and it is loud and annoying.  As much as I dislike it, it is no where near as annoying as the drying fans we had last week, and may get again this week, depending on how wet the slab is.  Dear Lord, please help me...
The only hardwood flooring that survived on the first level is in my office.  Even the flooring in the dining room had to go.
We are squished like sardines with the four dogs in the master bedroom and it's about to get even more squished as we move out of the master into the guest room. As long as we are knee deep in dust and debris, we've decided to have the carpet removed in the master and the hardwoods extended in there.
I think this spring with all the allergies we usually suffer from, not having carpet in our master might make a difference.
I'm trying to be patient, I'm trying to keep a smile on my face as I know many people have it much, much worse.  This is also the kick in the butt we've needed to really start getting rid of all the excess "junk" we have around here and don't need.
I'm hoping this process goes quickly.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa I feel for you! If you need a place to stay and get away call me!

    I have 2 extra bedrooms and you are welcome to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep telling yourself the outcome will be worth it. and everything will be fresh and clean!
    hang in there!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~sigh~ I can't wait to see how it all comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I had been busy! I have had it easy compared to what you all are going through. Bless your hearts....hoping this remodel goes fast and smoothly! I can't wait to see how beautiful everything turns out. Looking forward to the "after"
    photos. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the remodel! I'm sure you will love it in the end! Cozy is nice in the winter right?

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what a nightmare! Well, I hope it is over and done soon, and I hope having hard wood floors instead of carpet really helps eliminate the allergies. Thanks for your visit and nice comment on "Simplifying my Life" this morning ... it was encouraging to me that I'm not the only one who is beginning to feel this way.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete